OK, I admit it: Keeping this list of resources constantly up to date isn’t as easy as I thought it would be. Having said that, I’ve revised this list almost 60 times since publishing it, so I’m not doing too bad. But I’ve changed the graphic above to reflect the frequency at which I’m updating this list.
There are a lot of great educational technology tools available that can be used to enhance the teaching and learning in your classroom. Knowing where to start when exploring them and determining whether or not they’re a good fit for your classroom can be tough.
This post includes an always up to date list of “getting started” guides for many educational technology tools. They’re great resources for learning a new tool, brushing up on updated features, or refreshing your knowledge.
This is a curated list that will be updated regularly.
Resources marked with a icon are only accessible to Durham District School Board users.
Index of Guides:
- G Suite for Education / G Suite EDU
- Google Classroom
- Google Forms
- Microsoft Forms
- OneNote / OneNote Class Notebook
- Skype / Skype in the Classroom
- D2L: Demo of Brightspace Portfolio
- D2L: Brightspace Tutorials YouTube Channel
- DDSB: Introduction to D2L Brightspace
- DDSB: Setting Up Your Course
- DDSB: Portfolio Instructions
- DDSB: TELO Resources
- Sean Fahey & Karly Moura: The Educator’s Guide to Flipgrid, 3rd Edition NEW!
- Flipgrid: Engage & Amplify with Flipgrid Webinar (August 21, 2018) NEW!
- Flipgrid Resources: Getting Started
- Flipgrid: Quick Flipgrid Walkthrough NEW!
- Flipgrid Blog: Make Magic with the All New Flipgrid (August 2, 2018) NEW!
- Sean Fahey: 13 Ways to Enhance Math Lessons with Flipgrid (June 11, 2017)
G Suite for Education
- Google for Education – Teacher Center: Welcome to your first day of Classroom
- Google for Education: Classroom Help
- Control Alt Achieve: Google Classroom Resources
- Teacher Tech with Alice Keeler: Google Classroom
- Control Alt Achieve: 9 Updates to Google Classroom (August 12, 2018) NEW!
- Summary of changes in the Google Classroom Fall 2018 update
- Teacher Tech with Alice Keeler: 32 New Google Classroom Videos (August 23, 2018) NEW!
- Video tutorials for Google Classroom (up to date with the Fall 2018 update)
- Ditch That Textbook: The Google Classroom Quick-Start Guide + tips and tricks! NEW!
- Updated August 2018 to include Google Classroom Fall 2018 update
- Free Technology for Teachers: Two new Google Classroom features that everyone has been asking for! (September 6, 2018) NEW!
- Two additional features added after the initial Fall 2018 update.
- Stu Lowe: Google Classroom – a guide (October 2018) NEW!
- Google for Education Teacher Center: Welcome to your first day of Google Forms
- Microsoft: Microsoft Forms Quick Start
- Microsoft: OneNote for Teachers, OneNote for Students, OneNote for Administrators
- Includes links for downloading OneNote for free, as well as a link to download the Class Notebook add-in and Learning Tools for OneNote
- Microsoft Educator Community – Courses: Getting Started with OneNote
- Microsoft Educator Community – Courses: OneNote Class Notebook: A teacher’s all-in-one notebook for students
- Microsoft Educator Community – Courses: OneNote Staff Notebook: Tools for staff collaboration
- Microsoft Educator Community – Resources: OneNote Toolkit for Teacher’s Guide
- Links to a OneNote Notebook that will be copied to your Office 365 account and accessible through OneNote
- Microsoft: Helpful links for OneNote
- Microsoft: Embed content in OneNote
- Screencastify: 50 Ways to Use Screencastify in the Classroom NEW!
Skype in the Classroom
- Microsoft Educator Community – Skype in the Classroom
- Microsoft Educator Community – Get Started with Skype in the Classroom
- Microsoft Educator Community – Mystery Skype
- WeVideo: The Educator’s Guide to WeVideo NEW!
- WeVideo: WeVideo Academy
- Chris Taylor: WeVideo Tutorial – Student Guide v2 (March 2018) –
- Note: this is a modified version of WeVideo’s Tutorial: Introduction to WeVideo 2016 that is available in the WeVideo online tutorial. I’ve shortened it an updated the icons to match the current version of WeVideo.
- Chris Taylor: Submitting WeVideo Projects through Google Classroom
- WeVideo: Tips for Using WeVideo Templates NEW!