Hello! My name is Chris and I’m an Educational Technology Coach for the Durham District School Board in Ontario, Canada.
As a technology coach, I support a collection of elementary schools as they work to leverage digital across the curriculum with a variety of technology tools, including newly deployed Chromebooks that have been deployed to elementary schools as part of the DDSB’s current technology and innovation plan which includes 1:1 in grade 7, 8, 10 and 11 classes across the district.
As an educational technology coach, it is my responsibility to support teachers in their use of educational technologies in their instructional practices by:
- building staff capacity through support;
- work with teachers to co-plan and co-teach;
- offer advice and be a resource for teachers who wish to innovate and integrate technology and innovative spaces in their pedagogical practices.
You can find out more about the DDSB’s 1:1 Chromebook initiative by watching the Leveraging Digital: 1:1 Chromebooks in the DDSB video below.
DDSB Chromebook initiative in the news
- Internet in the palm of your hand: DDSB makes 138 MiFi devices available to borrow
durhamregion.com, June 23, 2018
- Durham school board set to give 10,000 students a Chromebook to use at school and home
durhamregion.com, August 17, 2017
- Pilot project gives Durham students their own laptops to use at school and home
durhamregion.com, May 6, 2017.